Re: R: Ticks without labels

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122250] Re: R: Ticks without labels
  • From: Armand Tamzarian <mike.honeychurch at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 06:07:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Oct 21, 9:31 pm, Helen Read <read... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd also like an option for making the Ticks themselves taller. After
> exporting a plot and sizing it down for use on say a quiz, often the
> ticks are so small as to be just about invisible.
>
> HPR
>
> On 10/20/2011 7:45 AM, Roberto Cavaliere wrote:
>

> > Try this:
>
> > TicksStyle ->  Directive[FontSize ->0, FontColor ->  White]
>
> > I hope in the future Ticks will allow to separate directives for ticks =
and
> > for ticks labels, so, for instance, to specify something like
> > Ticks->Automatics and TicksLabels->None
>
> > ~roberto

If you mean that when you export as say a bitmap with a high image
resolution that the ticks virtually disappear, this is a known bug
that has been present for awhile but doesn't seem to get fixed.

e.g. Export["plot.tiff", Plot[x, {x, 1, 4}], ImageResolution -> 600]

you need a microscope to see the ticks!!

Could we get a commitment from Wolfram to fix some of these long
standing bugs in the next release? e.g. if something was a bug in 6,
7, and 8 should it really be still there in 9??

Mike