Which algorithm(s) does FindIntegerNullVector[]

I only just noticed that Mathematica 8 introduced the new function FindIntegerNullVector.
It is a integer relation function (http://mathworld.wolfram.com/IntegerRelation.html) but the documentation and a Trace[..., TraceInternal -> True] gives no hint to what class of algorithms it belongs to.

Mathematica has for a long time had a variant of the LLL lattice reduction algorithm which can be used to generate integer relations. I've got some simple code based off Paul Abbott's (http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2005/Jan/msg00254.html) which seems to perform better than the new FindIntegerNullVector, i.e. it needs less precision to find the correct relation in the cases I'm interested in.

So my question is:
Is FindIntegerNullVector based on LatticeReduce or does it use some other (more efficient) algorithm such as PSQL?

----------------
For those that are interested, here's my version of Paul's code:

TranscendentalRecognize[num_Real, basis_List, ord_Integer] :=
 Module[{vect, mat, lr, ans},
  vect = Round[10^(ord - 1) Join[{num}, N[basis, ord]]];
  mat = Append[IdentityMatrix[Length[vect]], vect];
  lr = LatticeReduce[Transpose[mat]];
  ans = First[lr[[1]]]^-1 Most[Rest[lr[[1]]]].basis;
  Sign[N@ans] Sign[num] ans]
TranscendentalRecognize[num_Real, basis_List] :=
 TranscendentalRecognize[num, basis, Precision[num] // IntegerPart]