Re: Projecting 2d image on 3d object

If you're using Mathematica 8 you can use Texture in combination with
TextureCoordinateFunction to do this. For example

img = ExampleData[{"TestImage", "Lena"}];
Plot3D[Sin[x y], {x, 0, Pi}, {y, 0, Pi},
 Mesh -> None,
 Lighting -> "Neutral",
 TextureCoordinateFunction -> ({#1, #2} &),
 PlotStyle -> Directive[Texture[img]]]

Heike.