Re: I cant get step by step solution @ this diferantial equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122528] Re: I cant get step by step solution @ this diferantial equation
  • From: Daniel Lichtblau <danl at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 06:50:13 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----

I would use Wolfram|Alpha for this (www.wolframalpha.com).

Enter:

y'[x]==2(y[x]+2)^2/(x+y[x]-1)^2

When a result appears, click the "show steps" button at upper right of result pane.

See

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=y%27%5Bx%5D%3D%3D2%28y%5Bx%5D%2B2%29%5E2%2F%28x%2By%5Bx%5D-1%29%5E2

You can also do this within Mathematica by using the Wolfram|Alpha input interface. Click on the + sign at upper left of an input cell, select Wolfram Alpha query, and give the same input I showed above.

Daniel Lichtblau
Wolfram Research