Volume of an oblique frustum of a right cone.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121179] Volume of an oblique frustum of a right cone.
- From: Matthias Bode <lvsaba at hotmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 08:03:37 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
Hola: I completely fail to find a function that decribes the emptying of a right cone as a function of its inclination. To illustrate the problem: We have a right cone (e. g. a common cocktail glass completely filled with liquid) with a base angle alpha. When we incline the cone from its upright position to ninety degrees minus alpha/2 - then it will be empty - what is volume of the remaining liquid inside the cone as a function of the cone's inclination from its originally vertical position? (It's not homework; I'm retired and trying to teach my daughter, 10th g rade German grammar school, the use of MATHEMATICA.) Best regards, MATTHIAS BODE S 17.35775=B0, W 066.14577=B0 2'740 m AMSL.