Re: Assembling PDFs into a PDF document?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121184] Re: Assembling PDFs into a PDF document?
- From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 08:04:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
On 02/09/2011 08:32, AES wrote: > [I can set about learning how to do the following by myself, but if > anyone has an off-the-cuff answer or pointers to the starting point, > I'll be appreciative.] > > Given a large number of single-page PDF image files, all in a single > folder (on a Mac), write a notebook that will build a single multipage > document containing some or all of these files, in accordance with > (and with page order determined by) a list of some or all of these > image file names. > > For extra credit: Have each page in the final document bookmarked by > the name of the corresponding file. > > Thanks for any assistance. > I doubt if this is possible, because the Import operation, can extract raw text or whole pages in the form of images. It is not possible to extract formatted text - say in the form of a notebook. Maybe that will change in future versions of Mathematica, but I understand that the PDF format is rather opaque. David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk