How create new style sheet- Mathematica 8
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121338] How create new style sheet- Mathematica 8
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 07:29:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Reply-to: murray at math.umass.edu
How does one create (and save!) a new style sheet in Mathematica 8?
One way that used to work in earlier versions was:
1. Open a new notebook, say Untitled-1.nb.
2. From the menu, select Format > Edit StyleSheet, which pops up a
"Private Style Defintions for Untitled-1.nb" style sheet.
3. Edit that popped-up style sheet.
3. Use Save As to save that popped up style sheet under some name.
But this does not work in Mathematica 8: it does not let you Save As for
a style sheet!
Another method was to begin by making a copy of Default.nb, edit that,
etc. However, again Mathematica 8 does not allow a Save As on the copied
Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: execution model: Function vs. delayed execution
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: How create new style sheet- Mathematica 8