Is this a bug ? 1/N[Range[3]] = crash

I was testing an installation of Mathematica 7.0.0 for Linux 64 bits,
and I noticed that every time I evaluated the simple
1 / N[Range[3]]  or 1.0/N[Range[3]] the kernel apparently crashed.

Evaluating it in the textual shell (command "math") the
program exits abruptly with the message "Floating point exception".

Is this "normal" (then: why?) or is a bug or do you think is a bugged
install ?

thanks,
g.