- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121526] namespaces
- From: Alan <alan.isaac at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 04:13:06 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Reply-to: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica at googlegroups.com
Newbie question (by example):
How can I access KSubsets (which I believe is only in Combinatorica) without hiding the kernel's graph functions? (I.e., I would like to be able access the Combinatorica functions *only* when I specify e.g. Combinatorica`KSubsets, so that if e.g. I just use the short name Graph this refers to System`Graph.
So I don't want to say e.g.
because then I cannot just use Graph to refer to System`Graph.
Ideally, I'd like an equivalent to a name import from a Python package (e.g., ``from mypackage import myfunction``).
Short of that, I thought about reordering the $ContextPath, but I'm not sure this is a good idea (or how to do it correctly).
Hope that's clear enough.
Prev by Date:
Re: How create new style sheet- Mathematica 8
Next by Date:
Re: String Deletion
Previous by thread:
Re: (x - 1) or (-1 + x)
Next by thread: