Count Number of Iteration [FindRoot]

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg121643] Count Number of Iteration [FindRoot]
  • From: Afolabicrystal <afolabicrystal at>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 22:30:33 -0400 (EDT)
Hello group,

I'm trying to find the roots of some functions using different
algorithms then compare with FindRoot. However, I'm using number of
iterations as my performance metric.

Is there a function in Mathematica that I can use to count number of
iterations automatically especially in functions requiring iterations?