Re: 1-liner wanted

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121660] Re: 1-liner wanted
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 22:33:40 -0400 (EDT)

On 9/23/11 at 3:43 AM, KHO at statoil.com (Kent Holing) wrote:

>Let's assume we have a list of elements of the type {x,y,z} for x, y
>and z integers. And, if needed we assume x < y < z. We also assume
>that the list contains at least 3 such triples.

>Can Mathematica easily solve the following problem? To detect at
>least three elements from the list of the type {a,b,.}, {b,c,.} and
>{a,c,.}? I am more intereseted in an elegant 1-liner than
>computational efficient solutions.

>Example: Givenlist
>={1,2,3},{2,4,5],{6,7,8},{1,4,6},{7,8,9},{11,12,13}}; should return
>{{1,2,3},{2,4,5},{1,4,6}}

It appears to me you have not fully defined what you are
attempting. You state you want returned ordered triplets where
all of the elements of each triplet are integers. Then you
provide a sample list composed of triplets each which meet your
stated criteria. So, why isn't the result you say you are
looking for the original list. That is, what aspect of the
triplet {6,7,8} fails your selection criteria?