Re: How to distribute specific tasks to specific subkernels?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121731] Re: How to distribute specific tasks to specific subkernels?
- From: "Oleksandr Rasputinov" <oleksandr_rasputinov at hmamail.com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 02:46:06 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 23:52:05 +0100, Sebastian Hofer <sebhofer at gmail.com> wrote: > Unfortunately it's true that the amount of information on parallel > computing decreased in newer versions. The functionality is still there > though, only the names changed slightly. If you are willing to lookup > the corresponding new functions (which is not hard to do really), the > legacy documentation is still available under > http://reference.wolfram.com/legacy/applications/parallel/ > and still very helpful! > > Sebastian > Well spotted--after the Parallel Computing Toolkit product page disappeared (http://www.wolfram.com/products/applications/parallel/ now redirects to http://www.wolfram.com/gridmathematica/) I had thought that the documentation was also no longer available. I'm glad to learn otherwise as it is still a valuable resource, and I would add here that the code of the Parallel` package is also very helpful, being clear, well commented, and written entirely in the Mathematica language. This is one area where its incorporation into Mathematica proper has been of great benefit, as there is obviously no longer any need to distribute the source in obfuscated form as was the case previously.