Re: simplify Arg[E^(I x)]?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg125763] Re: simplify Arg[E^(I x)]?
- From: Anthony Hodsdon <ajhodsd at hotmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 03:38:02 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <201203310842.DAA12986@smc.vnet.net>
The following seems to work: In:= FullSimplify[Arg[E^((2 Pi n + x) I)], x > -Pi && x <= Pi && Element[n, Integers]] Out= x Does that help? --Anthony -----Original Message----- From: Neal Becker [mailto:ndbecker2 at gmail.com] Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 1:42 AM To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net Subject: [mg125763] simplify Arg[E^(I x)]? Why doesn't this simplify? Fullsimplify[Arg[E^(I x)], x \[Element] Reals] I expect to get 'x'. Is there some way I can get this to simplify?