Re: simplify Arg[E^(I x)]?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg125784] Re: simplify Arg[E^(I x)]?
- From: Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 04:25:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <201203310842.DAA12986@smc.vnet.net>
FullSimplify[Arg[E^((x) I)], x > -Pi && x <= Pi] This seems to do what I wanted. Thanks! On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 1:25 AM, Anthony Hodsdon <ajhodsd at hotmail.com> wrote: > The following seems to work: > > In:= FullSimplify[Arg[E^((2 Pi n + x) I)], x > -Pi && x <= Pi && > Element[n, Integers]] > Out= x > > Does that help? > > --Anthony > > -----Original Message----- > From: Neal Becker [mailto:ndbecker2 at gmail.com] > Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 1:42 AM > To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net > Subject: simplify Arg[E^(I x)]? > > Why doesn't this simplify? > > Fullsimplify[Arg[E^(I x)], x \[Element] Reals] > > I expect to get 'x'. > > Is there some way I can get this to simplify? > > >