Mathematica 8 3D Plot question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125775] Mathematica 8 3D Plot question
  • From: Victor Manuel <xvicman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 04:22:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I need to ask for some assistance, I'm noob with Mathematica.

My problem is this:
- I have an Excel (XLS) sheet, with wind profile data (altitude,
horizontal speed, direction, vertical speed, etc..), each hour has 15
altitudes, so one day has 360 readings, more than 10k per month.
- What I need to do is create a 3D chart with all the month readings,
considering that the chart need to be polar for wind direction, one
axis need to the altitude, and finally the horizontal speed, basically
what I need is a 3D Windrose
- Also, need to create a chart like the one above, instead o plotting
all the points, plot ranges.
- Finally, is it possible to make it interactive, meaning, have the
ability to move the point of view, to deliver a file that can be
viewed with CDF Player?

Your assistance will be really appreciated.

Regards.