Mathematica 8 3D Plot question
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg125775] Mathematica 8 3D Plot question
- From: Victor Manuel <xvicman at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 04:22:28 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi, I need to ask for some assistance, I'm noob with Mathematica. My problem is this: - I have an Excel (XLS) sheet, with wind profile data (altitude, horizontal speed, direction, vertical speed, etc..), each hour has 15 altitudes, so one day has 360 readings, more than 10k per month. - What I need to do is create a 3D chart with all the month readings, considering that the chart need to be polar for wind direction, one axis need to the altitude, and finally the horizontal speed, basically what I need is a 3D Windrose - Also, need to create a chart like the one above, instead o plotting all the points, plot ranges. - Finally, is it possible to make it interactive, meaning, have the ability to move the point of view, to deliver a file that can be viewed with CDF Player? Your assistance will be really appreciated. Regards.