Mathematica loop

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg125796] Mathematica loop
  • From: Amatya <asinha at>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 04:45:28 -0400 (EDT)

I have a vector of n=5 variables x, that are the solution of "n=5" non-linear equations. I have i= 1 to 100 vectors of coefficient data "ci" of the non linear equations, and for each of those vectors "ci", I want to solve the system of non-linear equations and return a solution vector x. So in the end I want 100x5 matrix where each row represents different coefficients and each column represents one of the variables of x.

Also, all of the non-linear equations are very sensitive to starting points in the FindRoot. I need some flexibility so I can specify a different starting point and domain in which FindRoot looks for the solution, for each of the 100 values of the input parameters. Is there a clean way to do this?

My algorithm should basically do this:

Initial search point: a1=something,...,a5=something
For i = 1 to 100
 Store results in a Matrix
a1=new start value according to formula based on i
.. a5= new value according to formula based on i

 Is it possible to do this using Table or something? Solve a 100 FindRoots in one shot giving all the initial search points and coefficient values as vector or matrix input?