subgraph error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125815] subgraph error
  • From: dan jack <dan.spectrix at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 04:26:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everyone,
I have a graph with 5 vertex:

gr=Graph[{1->2,1->3,4->1,5->1,1->1}]

so the first vertex has a loop,
when I call the subgraph with all the vertex departing from 1:

Subgraph[gr, 1 -> _ ]

I obtain an error:
DeleteDuplicates::list: List expected at position 1 in
DeleteDuplicates[Join[1,{1,2},{1,3}]]

Moreover if you try copy and paste the code I wrote here, probably you
won't see this error, but if you try
building this graph step by step one edge at time with  EdgeAdd
command, then I see the error....

I need to manage subgraphs in this way...
Any help?