Re: Extract XLM data from in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125918] Re: Extract XLM data from in Mathematica
  • From: A Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 05:55:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> Tks for your answer Chris, but for deeper level XML the notations get
> cryptcal and unreadable.
> I get some tips in Mathematica Cookbook XML part (page 212 from
> printed version).
> One simple one that I liked was this:
>
> cleanedXML = Apply[List,dataXML,{0,Infinity}]
>
> It make the XML much more clean to read.

while the result might be easier to read, it might also be more
difficult to work with. I think when you actually want to extract data
by pattern matching, the original form will be much more useful.
Problably the problem is with XML in the first place: XML _is_ a verbose
format...

just my 2 cents

albert