Text["x=" x] reverses order of terms producing the string: 1.2 x=
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg125936] Text["x=" x] reverses order of terms producing the string: 1.2 x=
- From: Daniel <daniel.bentsur at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 04:14:58 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I don't yet understand the subtleties of evaluation order, but this seems unintuitive. I've managed to get the representation I want with Text[StringJoin["x= ", ToString[x]]], but would prefer both to understand what's happening and reduce verbosity. thanks.