Re: reverses order of terms producing the string: 1.2 x=

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125953] Re: reverses order of terms producing the string: 1.2 x=
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr357 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 05:34:18 -0400 (EDT)

In many circumstances, Mathematica automatically puts expressions in
canonical order. In your example the argument to Text is put in
canonical order prior to Text causing display. Once you make the
argument a single string, order is no longer an issue.

x=1.2;

Ordering[{"x = ",x}]

{2,1}

Text["x = "x]