NDSolve is really slow in version 8 but not 7
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg126036] NDSolve is really slow in version 8 but not 7
- From: Jonathan Frazer <J.Frazer at sussex.ac.uk>
- Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 04:53:22 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm using NDSolve to solve a set of roughly 40 first order differential equations. It takes about 10 seconds in version 7 but more like 850 in version 8. Does anyone know why this might be and how I can speed things up?
Also for one scenario I'm getting the error
NDSolve::"ndsz" : ""At "\[NoBreak]t\[NoBreak]" == "\[NoBreak]39.77534338386624`\[NoBreak]", step size is \
effectively zero; singularity or stiff system suspected."
I realise its difficult to help without me giving an example but its a bit tricky to do so. Are there any standard tricks I could try?
Prev by Date:
Integrating an InterpolatingFunction times another function
Next by Date:
Re: Frameless Window in Manipulate
Previous by thread:
Re: Integrating an InterpolatingFunction times another function
Next by thread:
Re: NDSolve is really slow in version 8 but not 7