Re: How to repackage arguments?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg126175] Re: How to repackage arguments?
  • From: "djmpark" <djmpark at>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 05:40:47 -0400 (EDT)

You could write:

Options[PolarParametricPlot] = Options[ParametricPlot];

PolarParametricPlot[...., opts:OptionPattern[]]:= ....

Then pass the opts to ParametricPlot.

David Park
djmpark at

From: sam.takoy at [mailto:sam.takoy at]

Suppose I would like to write a function PolarParmetricPlot which plots a
curve in polar coordinates. Inside the function, I would like to call
ParametricPlot and then pass it whatever additional parameters were passed
to my PolarParmetricPlot. What's the syntax for getting a hold of those
parameters and resending them to ParametricPlot?

Many thanks in advance,