Re: from a 2d-figure to an interactive 3d model? is it possible with mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126234] Re: from a 2d-figure to an interactive 3d model? is it possible with mathematica?
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza10 at msn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 05:29:37 -0400 (EDT)

If I understood correctly, the following piece of code would be the starting point. You'd just have to complete the symmetric triangle and fill in details like Text and nice embellishments.
Manipulate[Graphics[{Circle[{0,0},7],Line[{{h,-d},{h,-d},{h,d},{-h,d},{-h,-d},{h,-d}}],Line[{{h,-d},{h,-20},{20 Sin[30 Degree]-h,-20},{h,-d}}],Circle[{0,0},20]},PlotRange->{{-12,12},{-25,7.5}}],{{d,1},0.5,4},{{h,2},0.5,4}]

-Tomas