StreamPlot field lines

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg127518] StreamPlot field lines
  • From: "Mat' G\." <ellocomateo at>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 04:54:49 -0400 (EDT)
I use StreamPlot in Mathematica v8 to plot electric field lines from two
functions: the x-component Ex[x_,y_] and the y-component Ey[x_,y_], each
computed from a charge distribution.
Is it possible to force Mathematica to plot field lines fully extending
from one charge to the other, as in
So far I only get field lines homogeneously spatially distributed, but I
would like to illustrate the field strength with the nb of lines (not
with a density plot).
Thanks for reading!