Evaluation of boolean functions in Mathematica 8

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127520] Evaluation of boolean functions in Mathematica 8
  • From: lalwani.akhil at gmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 04:55:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I want to evaluate a Boolean function by substituting True and False values for its variables, to get a True or False value at the output. Example,

g = BooleanConvert[And[p, q, r], "BFF"]

g[True,True,True]

But the above statement does not evaluate g at the data-point given, but instead returns the statement,

BooleanFunction[<3>][p,q,r][True,True,True]

Can anybody please suggest how to proceed?

Thanks a lot.