Re: Why no OSX SystemDialogInput["RecordSound"]?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg127584] Re: Why no OSX SystemDialogInput["RecordSound"]?
- From: "djmpark" <djmpark at comcast.net>
- Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 02:35:11 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <17511953.15461.1344131231206.JavaMail.root@m06>
It works on Windows 7, but what good is it? Its only purpose seems to be to insert audio comments into a notebook, consuming a lot of space. My last experience with an Apple product was an Apple II computer so I am hopelessly out of date with them. I am probably missing good things but people I communicate with and comments on MathGroup seem to describe a few problems and disconnects with Macs, the above being just one example. I recently looked into meeting software because this would be great for collaboration and demonstrating notebooks - if it is at a reasonable price and if it works. HP has meeting software called Virtual Rooms. But they state that there is no audio communication with Mac computers. There is software called TeamViewer that Ii tried but again there were deficiencies with Macs. It wasn't possible to drop files that a Mac user could pick up. All my attempts were with Mac users and only one of them was successful. In the others the software either crashed or there was annoying delayed reverberation with the audio. David Park djmpark at comcast.net http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/index.html From: David Reiss [mailto:dbreiss at gmail.com] Does anyone have any insight as to why SystemDialogInput["RecordSound"] is not implemented on the OSX platform? Is it because there is no sound recording API for OSX? I don't know that there is not a sound recording API for OSX, just wondering if none exists.... If none exists, Id find that odd.... Any nights appreciated. --David