TemplateBox (was: compact notation for NonCommutativeMultiply that

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127747] TemplateBox (was: compact notation for NonCommutativeMultiply that
  • From:
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 03:45:44 -0400 (EDT)

David Park asked for more information about the undocumented
TemplateBox. However, I have posted some useful stuff about TemplateBox
in this forum (including how to use it in stylesheets). To see my
earlier (four) posts on this, please search for "TemplateBox Carlos" in
this forum.

Many years ago I privately talked to David about InterpreteTemplate
(new in Mathematica 4.0 but also never documented). Well, TemplateBox is
an enhancement of InterpreteTemplate -- which, in turn, is an
enhancement of MakeExpressionResult (see [1], an old but still very
interesting paper).

[1] N.Soiffer, Mathematical Typesetting in Mathematica.

Carlos César de Araújo
Gregos & Troianos Educacional
www.gregosetroianos.mat.br
Belo Horizonte, MG, Brasil