Constraining a Location to Move Along a Plot in a Manipulate

Hello everyone,

Awhile back, participants on this forum kindly showed me how to constrain a locator to move along a curve by using DynamicModule[...], an example of which is in the Help Centre.  But I can't figure out how to pull this off in a Manipulate,where I'm guessing that the locator would be a control.  Say I have a simple Manipulate that plots a line, y = mx + b, where m is control for changing the slope.  I would also like to have a locator that users can slide up and down the line in lieu of a slider control that draws a point on the line.

Regards,

Gregory