Re: Drawing a Line From One Plot to Another

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg127774] Re: Drawing a Line From One Plot to Another
  • From: Louis Talman <talmanl at>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 04:59:52 -0400 (EDT)

There is another possibility that hasn't been mentioned: Draw two sets of
axes in the same plot and then draw your curves relative to the appropriate
set of axes. It's then easy to draw a line between points in the different
reference systems.  See <> for an
animation constructed in this way.

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 7:27 PM, Gregory Lypny
<gregory.lypny at> wrote:

> Thanks Alexei Boubitch, ALexander Elkins, Bob Hanlon, and Vincenzo
> Carrino, for your thoughtful suggestions.  The approach of
>         Show[GraphicsColumn[{Plot[myFirstPlot], Plot[mySecondPlot]}],
> Graphics[Line[{pt1, pt2}]]]
> was showing promise, but it is finicky even when PlotRangePadding,
> ImagePadding, and PlotRange, are kept constant.  I can get it working for
> one set of parameters, but in a Manipulate it unfortunately breaks down.
>  I'll keep tinkering.

> Regards,
> Gregory

--Louis A. Talman