Problems with dynamic tables

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127784] Problems with dynamic tables
  • From: "tarpanelli at libero.it" <tarpanelli at libero.it>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 02:27:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I am using FinancialData and plotting the real time data using a DateListPlot.
What I would like to do is to add to the DateListPlot of prices also a moving
average of the same price time series, in real time:

for example, for each updated price I would like to have the corresponding
moving average value accroding to the last n prices.

I was trying to do this by creating a Dynamic table where I put all the prices
and then get the sum of last n elements to compute the moving averange over the
last horizon of time of length n, but I am blocked.

Is there any one who already suceeded to do a similar job?

thanks
Paolo