Re: Getting the Derivative of an HoldForm Expression

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately I made my example a bit confusing. Because actually I need the replacement the other way round. I want to replace common subexpressions.  Some occur after some fancy calculations and others I can avoid by substituting right at the beginning (as my given example). That's why I want to include the terms for the replacement in the notebook as well so that others can understand the calculations. Otherwise nobody would know what a[t] stands for, unless he finds the replacement in the end. But maybe it works when I put it into such a replacement list.