PDE discretization

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128893] PDE discretization
  • From: aren.hellum at gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 05:01:41 -0500 (EST)

Is there any way to figure out what NDSolve default spatial discretization
is for a given set of initial conditions? The notes state that it is "based on the initial conditions", but I cannot figure out a set of options that will let me see spatial locations at which the PDE is actually being solved.

Motivation: The default discretization is yielding results that I cannot replicate using "Coordinates" to fix my discretization.

Any assistance is appreciated.