Re: Default font in Mathematica 9

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128914] Re: Default font in Mathematica 9
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 04:09:10 -0500 (EST)

On Dec 3, 4:03 am, Brendan Godfrey <brendan.godf... at ieee.org> wrote:
> Mathematica 8 had Times as its default font.  Mathematica 9 uses Courier.  How do I change it back to Times?  Thanks.

Which default font are you referring to?  The font for Text cells?
There are many different fonts depending on which type of cell you are
considering.

One thing that has changed in a significant way in M9 is that the
fonts and styling for the default style sheet Default.nb are very
different than in V8 and all versions before.  For example the default
font for Text cells is now Arial rather than Times, and the Section
cells now have a larger font size and are now colored orange rather
than black.

As a general opinion, I feel that this is the wrong design
choice....

Any other opinions out there?