Re: M8 parallel to M9 installation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg128935] Re: M8 parallel to M9 installation
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 04:16:11 -0500 (EST)

For the record, the process is different (and more direct?) on Mac OS X:
just rename the existing, say to, and
drag from the opened version 9 .dmg to /Applications.

On Dec 3, 2012, at 4:05 AM, Scott Bennett <sbennett7603 at> wrote:

> There was when I installed it on both my Windows 7 and Windows 8
computers. It was just a check box during the install
<Reinhard.Simonovits at> wrote:
>> soon I will receive a M9 copy on my Window laptop.
>> A lot of code is running on M8. So I don't want to have M8
>> when M9 is being installed.
>> I would like to have both on my machine, M8 and M9.
>> Do you know if there is an option on the M9 installer menue to have
>> untouched?
>> If not is there a work around?

Murray Eisenberg
murray at
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower            phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts                               413 545-2838 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street                         fax   413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305