What algorithm does DegreeGraphDistribution use?

I was wondering if anyone knows what algorithm DegreeGraphDistribution[] uses (when using it with RandomGraph) in version 9 of Mathematica.

Note: I am not interested in general algorithms for sampling graphs with a given degree distribution. I would like to know which algorithm Mathematica 8/9 uses, in case anyone here knows.