Re: Mathematica 9 for Windows

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128967] Re: Mathematica 9 for Windows
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 04:57:13 -0500 (EST)

On 12/5/2012 2:10 AM, djmpark wrote:
> WRI really has to work on
> updating Workbench. I don't think it's been updated for over two years.

I think the effort should be to make a simple to use debugger
integrated in the notebook interface itself. One should not
have to use 2 different and separate programs to debug some code.

A simple and easy to use but powerful debugger with line numbers!
like that which exist in a product called M____B will go a long
way to making Mathematica easier to use for common users. Most
students do not like to use Mathematica because it is hard to
debug code in it.

All what WRI needs to do, is just look at the M____B debugger,
and make one like it which is build-into the notebook. Not
a new and separate program. That is all. I have been waiting
for such a debugger for years. I do not think WRI really understand
this issue much and how important it is.  I still use Print[] to
debug my Mathematica code, which is so 1970's thing to do now.

--Nasser