Interactively placing points onto 3D surfaces

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128986] Interactively placing points onto 3D surfaces
  • From: wearer35429 at mypacks.net
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 01:37:33 -0500 (EST)

Howdy folks.

Could someone please help smash thru my current brick wall?

I generate 3D surfaces from medical anatomy files (".off" files). I would like to be able to scroll the mouse over the surface & click to set an interactive point on the surface, & have the program be able to read the {x,y,z} coordinates of the new point.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much.

Tom