Corruption of file

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg129063] Corruption of file
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 02:25:45 -0500 (EST)
Dear community,

During the work evaluation a cell I got the message:

"There is a syntax error in the file being read. Do you want to open it as
a plain text?"

Upon pressing "Yes" I got the message:

"There was a syntax error on line 541095 in the file: 2Dgraphics.nb.
The error was:

And the question, if I wish to open it as a plain text file. Upon the pressing the "Yes" button the hang up starts.

The file in question cannot be open by Mathematica any more.

It is Mathematica 9 on Windows XP.

Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.
ZAE Weiergewan,
11, rue Edmond Reuter,
L-5326 Contern, LUXEMBOURG

Office phone :  +352-2454-2566
Office fax:       +352-2454-3566
mobile phone:  +49 151 52 40 66 44

e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at<mailto:alexei.boulbitch at>