Re: Clustering algorithm Mathematica 7

Hi,

I have started using the clustering methods in Mathematica 9 and I'd like to know whether the "FindClusters" function with the "optimization" method still uses k medoids in Version 9. Could you please specify on which methods/publications the initial seed choice is based? (The documentation states that the algorithm "starts by building a set of k representative objects")
What lies behind the "KMeans" option in ClusterComponents? Is this just an implementation of the naked k means algorithm with a random choice of initial seeds or is there some seed selection process involved as a first step?
Thanks very much,

Martin

Martin Lottner
Technische Universit=E4t M=FCnchen