Mathematica 9.0 : SIGSEGV / Linux

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg129139] Mathematica 9.0 : SIGSEGV / Linux
  • From: lecoat at
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 02:34:24 -0500 (EST)

When I launch Mathematica 9.0 under Mageia1 32bit edition, I have the following error :
$ ./Mathematica
Mathematica has received the signal: SIGSEGV and has exited.
If possible, please report this problem to support at
describing in as much detail as possible what you were doing
when the problem occurred.
The welcome drawing is correctly displayed, but when the first welcome window opens, Mathematica crashes after about 5 seconds.
I must precise that in the same conditions, Mathematica 7 and Mathematica 8 are running correctly.
Here is information :
$ uname -a
Linux albatros #1 SMP Wed Jan 25 10:37:30 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
May you help me ?

Best regards,

Dr. Fran=E7ois LE COAT