Re: Modeling of NFL game results

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg129258] Re: Modeling of NFL game results
  • From: Scott Hemphill <hemphill at>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 05:06:48 -0500 (EST)

Scott Hemphill <hemphill at> writes:

> I decided to rate each team with a single number, such that the
> probability that a team rated "r1" has a probability beating a team
> rated "r2" is given by:
>   p = CDF[NormalDistribution[], r1-r2];

Hmmm.  I guess my code actually implements "r2-r1" instead of "r1-r2".
It doesn't matter, except one way high ratings are better than low
ratings, and the other is vice versa.

> filename="matrix.m";
> prec;

I don't know how this line got shortened.  My original has "prec".

Scott Hemphill	hemphill at
"This isn't flying.  This is falling, with style."  -- Buzz Lightyear