Creating an executable with Mathematica

Hello.

I would like to ask you about the programming capabilities of Mathematica.

Can I build an application, a program, an algorithm... with
Mathematica and then create an executable version of it, that I can
distribute to people that don't have Mathematica in their computers??

I think the most similar thing would be the CDF file format, which I
think is great. But appart from that, any other thing?

Thank you in advance for your help. :)

--
vicent
dooid.me/vicent