Re: PDE with RecurrenceTable

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124771] Re: PDE with RecurrenceTable
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 06:35:27 -0500 (EST)

On 2/3/2012 1:13 AM, Alexei Boulbitch wrote:
> Dear Community,
>

> I am trying to make a simple numeric FEM solution of parabolic PDE.

I am actually now writing a demo on this, but have not yet finished the
FEM solver to solve Poisson on 2D, so I'll let you know soon what I find
and if get into the same problem as you have ;)

meanwhile, I have a Mathematica demo solving the same problem you are
solving but using finite difference (a little easier I think than FEM), and
direct solver, may be we can compare results? I have an option to show
the solution grid.

here it is:

http://12000.org/my_notes/mma_demos/KERNEL/KERNEL.htm

#25 on the table. It is CDF. Will update this when I finish the FEM solver,
or make a new one just for FEM, since that is more complicated.

--Nasser