Something other than PlotStyle to change look of graphs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124807] Something other than PlotStyle to change look of graphs
  • From: cylurian <cylurian at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 05:26:17 -0500 (EST)

I have three functions in one plot.  I'm using PlotStyle to
differentiate the graphs, but I need more options.  I need each graph
to have some special marker, like a diamond, circle, etc.  I'm using
Mathematica 8 and I'm also using PlotLegend.  Any suggestions?

My code is:

Plot[{SurvivalFunction[WeibullDistribution[2.2, 3.2], x],
  SurvivalFunction[LogNormalDistribution[.1, .8], x],
  SurvivalFunction[ExponentialDistribution[.6], x]}, {x, 0, 5},
 PlotStyle -> {{ Black, Thickness[Small]}, {Dashing[Tiny],
    Black}, {Dashing[Large], Black, Thickness[Large]}},
 AxesLabel -> TraditionalForm /@ {t, "S(t)"}, Ticks -> None,
 DisplayFunction -> Identity,
 PlotLabel -> Style["Survival Curves", FontSize -> 18],
 PlotLegend -> {"Weibull", "LogNormal", "Exponential"},
 LegendPosition -> {.3, -0.1}, LegendTextSpace -> 4,
 LegendLabelSpace -> .5, LegendLabel -> "Survival Curves",
 LegendOrientation -> Vertical, LegendBackground -> White,
 LegendSize -> .4, ShadowBackground -> White]

thx.