Re: Some assistance from seasoned users.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124936] Re: Some assistance from seasoned users.
  • From: Barrie Stokes <Barrie.Stokes at newcastle.edu.au>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 03:39:09 -0500 (EST)

Hi Oleksandr

May I say, without apology, that using your code to change Sin to sin, and thus allow a new Mathematican to break the golden rule about capitals for built-in Mathematica symbols, and lower case for your own, would be, well, a sin.  :-)

(I note your excellent advice against this: "this would be at odds with other Mathematica syntax".)

Cheers

Barrie (a Hitchensian who doesn't believe in sin, original or plagiarised!. I do believe in Sin, Cos, Tan, and the rest, of course , as a Platonic Realist.)