Running MathematicaScript in Mac Terminal

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124961] Running MathematicaScript in Mac Terminal
  • From: Murta <rodrigomurtax at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 06:40:03 -0500 (EST)

Hi All
I use Mathematica 8 Home edition and I'm testing running Script via
Shell in my MacOS.
I followed the tutorial, changed the permission using chmod a+x
script.m but it doesn't worked.

the script is this (copy and paste the tutorial)

#!/usr/local/bin/MathematicaScript -script

Print /@ RandomVariate[MixtureDistribution[
    {1,2},
    {NormalDistribution[1,2/10],
     NormalDistribution[3,1/10]}],
    10,  WorkingPrecision -> 50]
I didn't find the MathematicaScript file that the tutorial says it's
in #!/usr/local/bin/MathematicaScript
maybe it could be de problem.

my directory has:

/usr/local/bin>ls
capinfos  dvipdf    flac      mergecap  pgpdisk   pkill.pl  text2pcap
twfind
dftest    edit      idl2wrs   metaflac  pgpwde    randpkt   tshark
wget
dumpcap   editcap   latex     pdf2ps    pgrep.pl  rawshark  twdiff
wireshark

What I'm doing wrong?
tks in advance!
Murta