more questions about NIntegrate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124965] more questions about NIntegrate
  • From: Leslaw Bieniasz <nbbienia at cyf-kr.edu.pl>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 04:39:38 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I need to use NIntegrate to obtain highly accurate values
of some integral. The relative error should be 1.E-16 or smaller.
Is this possible? I am not sure how to proceed. NIntegrate has
a number of confusing options: AccuracyGoal, PrecisionGoal and
WorkingPrecision. I am playing with these, trying to set them
to various values, but whatever I do I obtain results which do not
seem to have an error smaller than 1.E-7 or so.
I would appreciate an advice.

Leslaw