parallel computations with Mathematica

I'll be highly appreciating if anybody would teach me how to perform a
parallel computation with Mathematica. I intend to solve a set of
ordinary differential equations for many many different cases.
Therefore, the NDSolve command is imbedded in a Do loop with hundreds
millions recurrences. Hopefully, somebody would help. Thanks very much
in advance!

Jun Lin