Re: Wickham-Jones ExtendGraphics for OS X?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125182] Re: Wickham-Jones ExtendGraphics for OS X?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 04:22:22 -0500 (EST)

Compiling as you showed worked just fine to produce the MathLink
executables 'delaunay' and 'contour.'

However, there were compiler warnings when I applied gcc for both
'image' and 'mandelbrot', as follows (where i use "\" for continuation
of input because the long command line input won't fit on a single line
here:

   $ $MLROOT/mprep image.tm > image.tm.c
   $ gcc -o image -I$MLROOT -L$MLROOT -lMLi3 -lstdc++ -framework \
       Foundation -lm image.tm.c
    image.tm.c: In function =91sendimage=92:
    image.tm.c:308: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
       built-in function =91malloc=92
    image.tm.c:321: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
       built-in function =91sprintf=92
    image.tm.c: At top level:
    image.tm.c:344: warning: prototype for =91sendimage=92 follows
       non-prototype definition

   $ $MLROOT/mprep mandelbrot.tm > mandelbrot.tm.c
   $ gcc -o mandelbrot -I$MLROOT -L$MLROOT -lMLi3 -lstdc++ -framework \
       Foundation -lm mandelbrot.tm.c
     mandelbrot.tm.c:402: warning: prototype for =91sendimage=92 follows
        non-prototype definition

And then, of course, when I load either ExtendGraphics`Image` or
ExtendGraphics`Mandelbrot`, I get an error:

   LinkOpen::linke: Specified file is not a MathLink executable...

Can you suggest how to fix this. Or, in the alternative, supply
Macintosh OS X versions of the executables 'mandelbrot' and 'image'
(compatible with current OS X versions).

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305