Writing a .3ds, getting an error from BinaryWrite

Hello Mathgroup,
I am wondering if any of you have seen  this before, or have a work-around.

When doing this:
Export["file.3ds",Graphics3d[=85=85]]  (*THe graphics3d object is very large; so not useful to paste in here*)
I am getting this error:

BinaryWrite::nocoerce: 75264 cannot be coerced to the specified format.

The .3ds exporter writes in Binary, so my interpretation is that an integer cannot be encoded as a binary.

I can try other 3d data formats, but I am wondering if anyone else has seen this and has a workaround.

(***note, some graphics3d objects of similar size and constructed the same way, *do* write without error*)

Thanks, Craig